Sunday, April 11, 2010

They Matter: UNCF Empower Me Tour My Visit in Florida







For the past year I have been apart of the Empower Me Tour Launched by The United Negro College Fund.Where professionals from all walks of life visit all the Historic Black Colleges & Universities (HBCU) speak and give advice about how to be a successful entrepreneur. My recent visit to Bethune-Cookman University in Daytona Beach, FL enriched my life.I shared the panel with Ms. Sheryl Underwood, Ms.Tatyanna Ali and Mr. Warren Ballentine. There was so much passion in that room no one wanted to leave. We shared our life's journeys and our challenges, dreams and how we deal with our success. In return the students gave back with thought provoking questions about entrepreneurship and defeating fear. The hall reminded me of a church, so I had to grab my camera and take a photo. After every panel I always host a listening party for the students.All of them showed up at the listening party for Turn Me Loose and one of the students sang for me. She sang her face off ya hear me! We had a wonderful time and learned from one another. I wanted to share with you some of my photos I took from that day. Thank you UNCF and Wells Fargo for letting me be apart of this journey.I hope to be apart of this over and over again.


For more information about the Empwer Me Tour Visit
http://www.empowermetour.org.

Photo by BunnyBoots Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment