Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ledisi at The 52nd Annual Grammy Awards

This time was a little different than 2007. I finally made myself enjoy as many moments that I could. Like any artist in the music business, I wanted to win. I did not win but I came out stronger and better than I was before. The 52 Annual Grammy Awards 2010 taught me so much about your profile as an artist. Now I am ready to work harder. Not just for that award but for the presence my talent deserves. My gift is God's Gift not mine and it deserves to be heard everywhere. Our gifts are bigger than us and once you know what your calling is you have to make it known and heard around the world.

Here are some of my favorite quotes by The Legend Ms. Bette Davis

"My passions were all gathered together like fingers that made a fist. Drive is considered aggression today; I knew it then as purpose."

"Today everyone is a star - they're all billed as 'starring' or 'also starring'. In my day, we earned that recognition."

"I will not retire while I've still got my legs and my make-up box." - Bette Davis


There is so much work that has been done yet so much more work to do. My dreaming is big!I want another moment like this and I want it to be bigger than this moment. I want to leave with even more next time. Something for my Mantel would be nice.LOL!
photo by Larry Busacca/ Getty Images North America

2 comments:

  1. You're Awesome, congratulations on your nomination!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you will get a grammy and many more in the future Ledisi, you really are a blessing.

    ReplyDelete